Survival at Sea - Volume 4
Lifelines, jacklines, tethers, nonskid decks, and good man-overboard procedures - these are a given for every good sailor, but that hasnít stopped an alarming number of fatal man-overboard occurrences.† Now, with Practical Sailorís Survival Electronics, youíll discover how to fully protect yourself and your crew.
With the wide array of man-overboard devices now available (beacons, alarms, trackers, etc.) itís no wonder thereís confusion.† Practical Sailor will help you cut through the clutter and tell you:
- Which OB alarm had an MOB mark with a quarter-mile discrepancy!
- Why a Sat Phone can be an excellent backup to an EPIRB
- Which beacon is capable of being detected from a full-mile away
- Itís not only which OB alarm but how itís worn
Maritime safety should always have the highest priority, and with the vast majority of alerts being false alarms (96%!) a solid working knowledge of how the IMOís worldwide rescue network works is essential.
So keep yourself and your crew as safe as possible, order your copy of this vital publication today!
SPECIAL OFFER! BUY 4 SURVIVAL AT SEA PUBLICATIONS FOR THE PRICE OF 3! YOU GET ONE FREE! CLICK HERE!
To download your ebook purchase "Click Here" to log in.
Don't know or forgot your password? "Click Here"
January 15, 2017
My friend Nick and I had a discussion the other day about which bolts were tougher to break free: shaft-coupling bolts or the lug nuts on an old trailer. Nick pointed out that lug nuts are usually torqued down a whole lot tighter than a shaft coupling screw. On the opposite side, I argued that shaft coupling bolts require you to assume the yoga pose Downward Pretzel just to see the bolts. The argument...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)