Email This Article
Inside Practical Sailor Blog
by Darrell Nicholson on December 10, 2013
Look at any boat more than five years old, and chances are the clear dodger windows arent so clear anymore. By comparison, the windows on one of our test boats remained crystal clear for 15 years. Is clear vinyl really that vulnerable, or are boat owners doing something wrong to shorten its life? The answer to both questions, as it turns out, is yes. Here are some tips on preserving a view from the helm without spending a fortune on new Isinglass.
What major system on your boat is in most need of upgrade?
- a. propulsion (engine, prop, etc.) (155 votes)
- b. sails, rig (327 votes)
- c. electronics (215 votes)
- d. plumbing (78 votes)
- e. refrigeration (104 votes)
- f. electrical system (150 votes)
- g. HVAC (heating/ AC) (65 votes)