PS gives Raymarines new pilot a whirl.
After the roller-furling jib, the most valued piece of gear aboard for many sailors is the autopilot. So fond of autopilots are skippers and first mates, many even name their unitsOtto the autopilot, Joshua (after infamous sailor Joshua Slocum), Amelia (after historic female pilot Amelia Earhart), and WTF are a few that weve met during our cruises.
- Subscribers Only — In a nutshell, autopilots have one main function: to assume control of a vessels steering and control its...
- Subscribers Only — Autopilots are one piece of electronics gear that truly has something to offer every sailorfrom gunkholer to...
- A sailboat is no place for unnecessary complexity, which was the direction PS contributor Dan Corcoran was headed on...
- About six months ago, I bought a Raymarine Smart Controller remote for my autopilot. It is a great unit that I have...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)