Books and Charts
From the roster of recent new releases, Practical Sailor editors have compiled a list of books fit for summer reading, whether youre relaxing in the cockpit, hanging in a hammock, or parked on the beach. The list includes several how-to books, a cookbook, and travel narratives, along with new titles in historical fiction, high-seas thrillers, and adventure.
More Books and Charts
- The Bahamas are often viewed as the Holy Grail of East Coast cruising due to their beauty and proximity to the...
- There are approximately 32,000 species of fish, including 60 to 70 species of flying fish. Although our interactions...
- Summer arrives this month, and hopefully, the long, sunny days will include some time for summer reading. Practical...
- Subscribers Only — Most sailors find entering a new anchorage or harbor after a long day on the ICW an adventure. However exciting it...
- Subscribers Only — The key to safe, stress-free ICW cruising (or less-stress at least) is proper planning. Get the most up-to-date ICW...
- Looking for a holiday gift for the sailors on your list? Here are some new and gift-worthy products to consider.
- Summer is here, and hopefully, the living is easy. Weve put together a roundup of summer reads perfect for...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)