Books and Charts
Resources youll want for that island cruise.
The Bahamas are often viewed as the Holy Grail of East Coast cruising due to their beauty and proximity to the Florida coast. Although they appear tantalizingly close (particularly when viewed on those nautical chart-themed placemats down at the Oyster Shack), make no mistake about it: A cruise to the Bahamas is an open-water passage that demands both attention to detail and proper safety precautions. Planning and executing a successful cruise to the Bahamas can be an extremely rewarding experience, one that provides ample opportunity to test preparedness of both boat and crew, while offering a reasonably do-able taste of bluewater cruising.
More Books and Charts
- There are approximately 32,000 species of fish, including 60 to 70 species of flying fish. Although our interactions...
- Summer arrives this month, and hopefully, the long, sunny days will include some time for summer reading. Practical...
- Subscribers Only — Most sailors find entering a new anchorage or harbor after a long day on the ICW an adventure. However exciting it...
- Subscribers Only — The key to safe, stress-free ICW cruising (or less-stress at least) is proper planning. Get the most up-to-date ICW...
- Looking for a holiday gift for the sailors on your list? Here are some new and gift-worthy products to consider.
- Summer is here, and hopefully, the living is easy. Weve put together a roundup of summer reads perfect for...
- In the course of writing five books about accidents and survival at sea, Michael Tougias interviewed many survivors...
- Subscribers Only — Since we last looked at iPad navigation apps, there havenot surprisinglybeen a number of new...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)