Editors tap the top sailing gear of the year.
Practical Sailor editors waded through the dozens and dozens of test products of the previous year to pick the best of the best. Only 17 earned the 2013 Editors Choice designation, a special recognition for products that clearly stood out among their peers during our independent tests as the best in their category and whose performance earned PS editors confidence. This years top gear included a slew of marine electronics, onboard systems, and deck hardware products.
More Buyer's Resources
- Subscribers Only — Practical Sailor editors looked at emerging design trends at the most recent Annapolis Boat Show. What caught our eye...
- Subscribers Only — Practical Sailor recently interviewed market insiders on the state of marine insurance, and we found that several...
- Subscribers Only — As with most industries, the marine-insurance market has seen some changes in recent years, the result of both...
- Subscribers Only — Use an insurance agent. It is fine to do some initial price-checking online, but you likely will pay more acting as...
- Boat buying is an exciting, maddening exercise that can test the tolerance of even the most patient sailor. Most of...
- Subscribers Only — In the June 2001 issue, Practical Sailor looked at financing boats and recommended that prospective boat buyers...
- A sailboat cockpits design and layout can determine the process of boat-handling tasks, including everything...
What major system on your boat is in most need of upgrade?
- a. propulsion (engine, prop, etc.) (155 votes)
- b. sails, rig (327 votes)
- c. electronics (215 votes)
- d. plumbing (78 votes)
- e. refrigeration (104 votes)
- f. electrical system (150 votes)
- g. HVAC (heating/ AC) (65 votes)