New designs, construction techniques are reshaping our hulls.
When it comes to describing a sailboats most valuable attribute, its surprising how varied opinions can be. Staying afloat should be our first priority, and although you seldom read or hear much about it at boat shows, the structural elements that hold a sailboat together are an all-important consideration.
More Buyer's Resources
- Subscribers Only — The ISO 12215 standard gives designers and builders a detailed baseline for scantlings and specific guidance...
- During the 12-month period from September 2013 through August 2014, Practical Sailor evaluated dozens of boating...
- Subscribers Only — Practical Sailor editors waded through the dozens and dozens of test products of the previous year to pick the best...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)