Footwear and Apparel
Top brands offer top quality in the $500-kit price range.
Choosing a new set of foul-weather gear is not a decision most sailors take lightly. With mid-range gear priced around $500 for a jacket and bibbed trousers, it isnt a small investment. Knowing what specific brands have to offerand what to look foris key to making a sound purchase, and to ensuring youll be warm and dry aboard.
More Footwear and Apparel
- Subscribers Only — Each foul-weather garment was subject to a series of rigorous tests designed to measure resistance to the elements,...
- Subscribers Only — At the very least, foul-weather gear must be warm, dry, and comfortable. It also should be easy to adjust and fasten,...
- Subscribers Only — About 20 years ago, the conventional sailing moccasin started losing ground to more specialized footwear for sailors,...
- Looking for a holiday gift for the sailors on your list? Here are some new and gift-worthy products to consider.
- Subscribers Only — Whats the best sailing hat? Testers set out to find a wide-brimmed sailing hat that offers lots of sun...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)