Whats the best way to brew coffee on board?
We compared four popular, portable coffee-making methods in search of the best java-brewing method for the galley. The test evaluated French presses, percolators, drip-cone coffeemakers, and various instant coffees. Testers tried out a handful of products using each method, including the BonJour, Nissan Thermos, and Bodum French presses, as well as the Aerobie AeroPress, the Melitta Perfect Brew, the Clever Dripper, Bialetti Moka Express, and the Farberware Yosemite and Medelco stovetop percolators.
- Subscribers Only — Do aftermarket smart controls really improve your fridge compressors efficiency? In this update to...
- Cooking a great meal in a cavernous kitchen outfitted with every imaginable culinary device can be difficult enough,...
- Subscribers Only — Practical Sailor contributor Jonathan Neevesa bluewater cruiser living aboard his Lightwave 38 catamaran in...
- The galley may be the last place youd expect to see new technologies, but our tour last year aboard the custom...
What major system on your boat is in most need of upgrade?
- a. propulsion (engine, prop, etc.) (155 votes)
- b. sails, rig (327 votes)
- c. electronics (215 votes)
- d. plumbing (78 votes)
- e. refrigeration (104 votes)
- f. electrical system (150 votes)
- g. HVAC (heating/ AC) (65 votes)