Lifejackets and Harnesses
Two years ago, I purchased a Water Witch bilge pump switch. When it developed a glitch, I called Kathleen at Water Witch Inc.s San Diego office (www.waterwitchinc.com). She asked me a couple of questions, then assured me the replacement part would be shipped the following day. It was, followed by an email saying it had shipped. It arrived 10 days later (international), complete with a personal note. Does it better than this? I think not.
More Lifejackets and Harnesses
- Subscribers Only — For this test, we rounded up seven flotation aids from four manufacturers: Float Tech, Gill, Spinlock, and...
- A few issues ago, you had a short article on deck hardware (blocks, traveler, cars, etc.) that included Garhauer, and...
- Subscribers Only — For this test, we rounded up six high-performance, U.S. Coast Guard certified Type III personal flotation devices...
- In the course of writing five books about accidents and survival at sea, Michael Tougias interviewed many survivors...
- We got some heartbreaking news just before this issue was on its way to the printer: On May 9, British Olympic...
- I recently purchased the cord, and as packaged on the plastic spool, the shore end of the new 25-foot EEL cord has a...
- After a series of tragic accidents involving sailors in organized sailing events and training programs in 2011 and...
- In our final review of three 2011 sailboat tragedies investigated by US Sailing, we offer a clear look at how even...
- Ron Trossbach, the lead investigator for US Sailing in the Rambler 100 incident, recommended the following changes to...
What major system on your boat is in most need of upgrade?
- a. propulsion (engine, prop, etc.) (155 votes)
- b. sails, rig (327 votes)
- c. electronics (215 votes)
- d. plumbing (78 votes)
- e. refrigeration (104 votes)
- f. electrical system (150 votes)
- g. HVAC (heating/ AC) (65 votes)