Tiny-house movement meets luxury boat in Pacific Seacraft 31.
Readers familiar with the work of William Crealockthe renowned designer of the Crealock 37, the Cabo Rico 34, the Dana 24, and at least 30 other production-built vesselsunderstand that his designs are steeped in practicality. Crealock famously wrote: Seaworthiness in a cruising boat has to be the No. 1 consideration. It doesnt matter how cute the boat is if it doesnt get [to the destination] in one piece. And those familiar with his life are aware that his knowledge of sailing wasnt just grounded in the study of design, but also in extensive hands-on experience at seaan imperative for any designer of boats intended for offshore.
More New Sailboats
- Subscribers Only — Workers at Pacific Seacraft laminate these hulls by hand, using vinylester resin and layers of biaxial fiberglass...
- Subscribers Only — When classical musicians start playing rock and roll, fans take note. When their first songs a hit, everyone...
- Subscribers Only — The fiber-to-resin ratio was increased through a vacuum-assisted resin infusion, a process that better wets out the...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)