Summers warm breezes and lazy weekends have arrived, so PS testers have put together a lineup of cool toys and tools for the dog days. Tower Adventurer Inflatable Standup Paddleboard: Inflatable SUPs are sprouting up everywhere on the Internet; many boards are identical, made by different brands at the same factories in China. Quality varies. Generally, boards 6 inches or thicker offer better stiffness and stability, making them easier to ride.
- Subscribers Only — Capt. Bernardo Herzer has been converting small engines from conventional fuels to propane since he was a teenager....
- Subscribers Only — Every day, as the temperature rises and falls, gases inside your fuel tank expand and contract. The emissions...
- Subscribers Only — Practical Sailors original goal with this evaluation was to run a long-term test of fuel additives. Instead of...
- Subscribers Only — If you really must know how we compared the fuel additives, here are the particulars.
- Subscribers Only — Additives cant solve real gasoline-quality problems. At best, consider additives to be only a final tweaking...
What major system on your boat is in most need of upgrade?
- a. propulsion (engine, prop, etc.) (155 votes)
- b. sails, rig (327 votes)
- c. electronics (215 votes)
- d. plumbing (78 votes)
- e. refrigeration (104 votes)
- f. electrical system (150 votes)
- g. HVAC (heating/ AC) (65 votes)