Plotters, MFDs & Radar
Versatile 741xs offers a lot of punch in a low-price package.
Planned obsolescence is probably the most irksome way to keep manufacturing costs down and inspire us to buy stuff. Each time a new or updated line of multi-function devices appear, we ask ourselves if the new version represents real value, or are the engineers just adding another tower to their Lego castle, while the marketing folks ponder adding an umlaut or X to the product name.
More Plotters, MFDs & Radar
- Subscribers Only — For a more detailed look at the product, see our initial report in the July 2012 issue online. Heres a quick...
- Subscribers Only — Before we plunge headfirst (again) into the world of multiplexers with this test report, heres a quick review...
- Subscribers Only — NMEA 2000 (aka NMEA 2K or N2K) is the communication standard replacing NMEA 0183. It is a technical standard (IEC...
- A sailboat is no place for unnecessary complexity, which was the direction PS contributor Dan Corcoran was headed on...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)