This fast, mid-80s Carl Schumacher design can do double duty.
Following graduation from California State Polytechnic University, naval architect Carl Schumacher spent four years working as an apprentice with Gary Mull before opening his own shop in Alameda, California, in 1977. He has since designed 37 boats ranging in size from one tonners to 50-foot world cruisers, participated in the design of the front-ruddered Americas Cup boat skippered by Tom Blackaller in the 1987 trials, and most recently designed the Alerion Express boats, which are being constructed at TPI Composites, Inc.
- The Alberg 35 dates back to the dawn of big-time fiberglass sailboat building. Its production began in 1961, just a...
- Nearly every owner we spoke to about their Alberg 35 had small gripes about the boats performance, cosmetic...
- Subscribers Only — When classical musicians start playing rock and roll, fans take note. When their first songs a hit, everyone...
- Subscribers Only — The fiber-to-resin ratio was increased through a vacuum-assisted resin infusion, a process that better wets out the...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)