Sailboats 31-35 feet
Tiny-house movement meets luxury boat in Pacific Seacraft 31.
Readers familiar with the work of William Crealockthe renowned designer of the Crealock 37, the Cabo Rico 34, the Dana 24, and at least 30 other production-built vesselsunderstand that his designs are steeped in practicality. Crealock famously wrote: Seaworthiness in a cruising boat has to be the No. 1 consideration. It doesnt matter how cute the boat is if it doesnt get [to the destination] in one piece. And those familiar with his life are aware that his knowledge of sailing wasnt just grounded in the study of design, but also in extensive hands-on experience at seaan imperative for any designer of boats intended for offshore.
More Sailboats 31-35 feet
- Subscribers Only — Workers at Pacific Seacraft laminate these hulls by hand, using vinylester resin and layers of biaxial fiberglass...
- American sailboat manufacturers have had their highs and lows, and many have dropped right off the map, but Catalina...
- Subscribers Only — Following graduation from California State Polytechnic University, naval architect Carl Schumacher spent four years...
- The Alberg 35 dates back to the dawn of big-time fiberglass sailboat building. Its production began in 1961, just a...
- Nearly every owner we spoke to about their Alberg 35 had small gripes about the boats performance, cosmetic...
- Danish company LM (Lunderskov Møbelfabrik) began as a wood furniture maker in 1940. In the 1950s, the company...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)