Sailboats 36-40 feet
Pros and cons of 1980s-era Vince Lazzara fiberglass cruising boat.
The Gulfstar 36, also called the Gulfstar 36 Auxiliary, was the smallest boat built by Gulfstar Yachts. Gulfstar, which produced 2,500 boats in the 1970s and 1980s, was launched by Vincent Lazzara, one of the early experts in fiberglass boat building. The Gulfstar 36 design is conservatively traditionalit was never called a racer-cruiser, but it was similar to many popular racer-cruisers and coastal cruisers of the time, with modest overhangs, a longish waterline, a moderately long fin keel, and a skeg-hung rudder. The designers are listed as R.C. Lazzara and David Jones.
More Sailboats 36-40 feet
- Subscribers Only — Florida-based Island Packet targets a relatively narrow niche, so the toughest competitors to its new boats are often...
- Subscribers Only — Island Packet Yachts has been building cruising boats for over 32 years. It builds five different hull...
What major system on your boat is in most need of upgrade?
- a. propulsion (engine, prop, etc.) (155 votes)
- b. sails, rig (327 votes)
- c. electronics (215 votes)
- d. plumbing (78 votes)
- e. refrigeration (104 votes)
- f. electrical system (150 votes)
- g. HVAC (heating/ AC) (65 votes)