A look at adjustable cars and tracks for easy headsail tweaking.
For decades, adjusting the genoa sheet leads from the cockpit was a luxury ascribed to racing sailboats. But todays cruising sailboat equipped with a roller-furling headsail also benefits from an efficient, safe means of adjusting the genoa sheets lead angle. We tested 11 genoa sheet-lead cars and tracks from the top manufacturers of sailboat deck hardware: Antal, Garhauer, Harken, Nautos, Ronstan, Schaefer, and Selden. Testers looked at the genoa-sheet controls operational efficiency, design and attributes, construction quality, and ease of installation; price and warranty were also considered.
More Standing Rigging
- Subscribers Only — Alpenglow I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to (and recommendation of) the folks at...
- A few issues ago, you had a short article on deck hardware (blocks, traveler, cars, etc.) that included Garhauer, and...
What major system on your boat is in most need of upgrade?
- a. propulsion (engine, prop, etc.) (155 votes)
- b. sails, rig (327 votes)
- c. electronics (215 votes)
- d. plumbing (78 votes)
- e. refrigeration (104 votes)
- f. electrical system (150 votes)
- g. HVAC (heating/ AC) (65 votes)