Survival at Sea - Volume 1
When you abandon ship lives are at stake, so choosing the right life raft is literally a life and death decision. With Practical Sailor's Survival at Sea – Life Rafts, you will be better equipped to make the right choice.
With this new publication you’ll learn:
- Which feature an ex-naval officer ranked as a raft’s most important
- Which standards the major players are scrambling to meet
- Which brand is the ONLY raft allowed for extreme ISAF Category 0 races
- Which raft does not have reflective tape on the bottom
- Which zippers failed to operate properly
Also included is a 6-Man Life Raft Value Guide, which rated everything from weight to launch to floor, for 8 of the most popular life rafts sold today. The life raft evaluation conducted by Practical Sailor mirrored those done by the U.S. Coast Guard, and the results were telling.
So prepare yourself, and your crew, as best as possible for this emergency situation. Order your copy of this essential publication today.
SPECIAL OFFER! BUY 4 SURVIVAL AT SEA PUBLICATIONS FOR THE PRICE OF 3! YOU GET ONE FREE! CLICK HERE!
To download your ebook purchase "Click Here" to log in.
Don't know or forgot your password? "Click Here"
by Darrell Nicholson on December 13, 2017
Just as we were wrapping up the report in our December issue describing how to make your own safety tether, 60-year-old British sailor Simon Speirs went overboard and died during the Clipper Around the World Race in an accident linked to tether failure. The race, which charges non-professional sailors to race with pro skippers, was already under scrutiny after two deaths in the previous running ...
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)