A Look At Sails, Part Two: Headsails & Furling Gear
When buying new sails, sailors often overlook key details in jibs, genoas, and furling gear that can dramatically affect performance. Whether you want to reduce your tacking angles, make headway in heavy weather, or maintain good downwind speed in light air, finding the right headsail or furling system for your boat requires careful thought. Let Practical Sailor take the guesswork out of the decision-making with this detailed, in-depth look at headsail options.
With Headsails & Furling Gear (Part 2 of Practical Sailor’s “A Look at Sails”series),you’ll learn everything you need to know about:
- Furlers (with and without head swivels) — and our pick for “Best Choice.”
- Asymmetrical spinnakers and why shorthanded cruisers will find them valuable.
- Mini bowsprits and why they’re so popular on modern cruising hulls.
With this special publication, you’ll also learn the best time to buy a sail, the advantages (and disadvantages) of foil-less furlers, and about some of the best sailmakers in the business. (One company will repair your sail for as long as you own your boat!)
So order this valuable e-book today and discover how adding new sails and improving light-air performance is easier than ever.
SPECIAL OFFER! BUY 3 SAILS PUBLICATIONS FOR THE PRICE OF 2! YOU GET ONE FREE!
To download your ebook purchase "Click Here" to log in.
Don't know or forgot your password? "Click Here"
by Darrell Nicholson on November 15, 2017
Although you can allow your varnish and hull paint to fade, crack, or peel with no more penalty than the disdain of those who mistake shine for soul, you dont want to let your non-skid deck paint lose its grip. Even the most soulful boat evokes a sense of pity if its owner is lying flat on their back asking for help.
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)