A warm, damp, dark place – like the cozy cabin of a closed boat – is the perfect incubator for mildew. And you may think the black stains and musty smells are an inevitable part of boating but they are not. The secret? The Mildew-Free Boat, Volume Two: Cleaning and Protecting for Storage ebook from Practical Sailor.
Stopping mildew requires maintaining the delicate balance of moisture, light and air movement. And this equilibrium is especially difficult once your boat is hauled out for the winter. The Mildew-Free Boat, Volume Two: Cleaning and Protecting for Storage gives you the detailed steps need to keep your boat clean and odor-free through the entire year. Practical Sailor’s ebook shows you:
- How insulating A/C ducts can reduce mildew growth.
- Ways to use chemical drying agents, including a certain brand of cat litter, to keep your boat dry.
- The best dehumidifier for your needs.
- The cleaning methods and products to use on all surfaces before sealing up your boat for the winter.
- How low-wattage heating products are effective tools for boats stored in the water. Don’t try them in your yard however. We’ll tell you why.
- And much more!
Removing dampness from a boat is a challenge. But a dry boat – and mildew-free boat – is attainable. With the right advice and products, you can keep your boat clean and smell-free. Let Practical Sailor help. Get your copy of The Mildew-Free Boat, Volume Two: Cleaning and Protecting for Storage today.
Also, check out the first part of our Mildew-Free Boat series, Cleaning and Protecting Fabrics and Plastics. Get both editions by clicking here!