Simple tank fill advice from an old fuel oil delivery guy when filling your boat diesel tank listen to the sound coming from the tank vent, it is attached directly to your tank. The fueling sound will change when the tank fills and fuel enters the vent line. Stop then. Dont leave fuel sitting in your fill hose in the off-season.
- Download the Full September 2019 Issue PDF
- Rethinking the MOB Recovery
- Tips to Preventing a Crew Overboard Incident
- Anchor Rodes for Smaller Sailboats
- Bottomless Lockers Be Gone
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)