Mast steps are a great help when going aloft, but they add weight where it hurts most (aloft), and halyards love to get stuck behind them. One alternative is the Mast Mate webbing ladder, which hoists on your mainsail track.
- Download the Full October 2019 Issue PDF
- Carl Alberg’s Ageless Commander
- Gear of the Year Roundup
- Genoa Furler Refit: a Semi-DIY Project
- Chafe Protection for Fiber Rodes
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)