Were been following the Torqeedo portable electric outboard since our first test of the Travel 801 in 2008. Since then, weve put two of these motors into long-term service on test boats. Both are still operating with no major problems, but we have received a few reports from disappointed owners. PS reader John Poindexter, a retired naval officer who sails on the Chesapeake Bay, sent us an account of his experience with the Torqeedo.
- Kayaks for Cruising Sailboats
- Essential Sailing Gear that Lasts
- Fire Extinguisher Tips for Cruising Sailors
- Converting an Anchor Light to an LED Tricolor Light
Which of the following best describes your approach to bottom paint?
- I choose my own paint, but I let a professional apply (521 votes)
- I let a professional apply the paint that he (or boatyard) recommends. (329 votes)
- I choose my own paint and I apply it. (1639 votes)
- I apply paint that a local professional or boatyard recommends. (254 votes)