1. Like a cereal box that is mostly air, this Quicksilver cannister has a relatively small filter element inside.
2. The Volvo Penta filter is glued to the can, with slots at the base so the filter can drain into the bowl.
3. This Fleetguard filter shows the standard cannister filter construction. It is like an oil filter, but without pressure relief valve and without any drain-back valve at the bottom.
4. Used for attaching fuel lines in tight spaces, banjo bolts are notorious for plugging. This banjo bolt has been over-tightened and has distorted.
5. This Parker Racor filter was clearly doing its job.